- President: Pat Toombs
- Vice-President: Jerry David
- Secretary: Ed Bell
- Treasurer: Betty Outlaw
The 2014 year is already full of interest. Our monthly meetings have taken on these topics:
- New Voting Precinct Boundaries Take Effect January 1, 2014
- Voter Registration Campaign Plans for Bosque County
- Creating a Website and Engaging in Social Media
- Albert Hunter’s Campaign for Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1
- Jimmy Schmidt’s Campaign for County Commissioner, Precinct 4
- Meeting candidates (both Republican and Democrat) for Bosque County Offices.
- Hearing from two Hill County Commissioners about their experiences with the Unit Road system.
- Listening to a talk about the Affordable Care Act and how to apply for benefits.
- Receiving a visit from Dr. Marco Montoya, candidate for US Representative for Congressional District 25.
- The Bosque County Democratic Club will hold its July meeting on Friday the 4th of July in Valley Mills. The Club will have a Float in the Parade, and you are invited to participate.
- Join up at the corner of 3rd Street and Avenue E at 9:00 a.m. The Parade starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Come by The Bosque County Democratic Club tent after the Parade for a hotdog and cold drink.
- Our group will register new voters and greet our local delegates hot off their trip to the Texas Democratic Convention.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can attend, so we can prepare enough food and drink.
- Come out and have some fun with your Democrat friends.
In general, meetings will be held at the Clifton Civic Center, which has been reserved for the 2nd Thursday of each month for the remainder of 2014. All meetings start at 6:30 p.m. Gentlemen are invited to show up a little early and stay a little after each meeting for set- up and clean- up of the facility.
The State of Texas Democratic Convention is being held Thursday-Saturday, June 26-28, 2014 at the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas.