- President: Pat Toombs
- Vice-President: Jerry David
- Secretary: Ed Bell
- Treasurer: Betty Outlaw
The Bosque County Democratic Club will meet on Thursday, September 11, 2014, at the Clifton Civic Center.
- The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m.
- We welcome new members and introduce our candidates.
- Strategies will be discussed regarding the October 17th Brunch at the Meridian Civic Center: ticket sales, hosting Leticia Van de Putte, meal planning, and logistics.
- In general, meetings are held at the Clifton Civic Center, which has been reserved for the 2nd Thursday of each month for the remainder of 2014. Gentlemen are invited to show up a little early and stay a little after each meeting for set-up and clean-up of the facility.
It’s Confirmed! Our outstanding candidate for Lieutenant Governor, Leticia Van de Putte is coming to Bosque County! She will come to the Meridian Civic Center to attend a brunch hosted by the Bosque County Democratic Club on Friday, October 17th at 11am. Funds raised from ticket sales to the brunch will benefit our Club Treasury.
High profile candidates often focus their efforts and attention on higher population areas. Leticia’s visit to Bosque County illustrates that she wants to represent all Texans. Let’s show her a warm Bosque County reception by attending the Club meeting on September 11, attending the Leticia event on October 17, and by spreading the word and inviting a friend to meet Leticia at her event.
The 2014 year is already full of interest. Our monthly meetings have taken on these topics:
- New Voting Precinct Boundaries Take Effect January 1, 2014
- Voter Registration Campaign Plans for Bosque County
- Creating a Website and Engaging in Social Media
- Albert Hunter’s Campaign for Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1
- Jimmy Schmidt’s Campaign for County Commissioner, Precinct 4
- Meeting candidates (both Republican and Democrat) for Bosque County Offices.
- Hearing from two Hill County Commissioners about their experiences with the Unit Road system.
- Listening to a talk about the Affordable Care Act and how to apply for benefits.
- Receiving a visit from Dr. Marco Montoya, candidate for US Representative for Congressional District 25.